Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A good life!





Yesterday was a great day! I have been trying really hard to keep up on my schedule, housework, school, church, and life in general. I've been reading a lot of great books lately on marriage, parenting, ministry, etc. and they are a great reminder of what the important things in life are. A few that I'd recommend highly are:

Raising Godly Tomatoes by L. Elizabeth Krueger
It is mostly for parents of younger children. It talks about how important it is to keep young children by you while you train them in the ways of the Lord. There is a lot of great tools in this book. www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com

Help Mate by Debbie Pearl
Wow, what a powerful message to women about how to be a godly wife! All I can say is READ IT. :-)

My crazy imperfect Christian family: living out your faith with those who know you best by Glenn Stanton
I've really enjoyed this book. It covers a broad range of topics from forgiveness, raising godly kids, getting along with your spouse even in the rough times, and more. Glenn works for focus on the family and is very candid about his families imperfections but also about the hope that comes through Jesus to raise our kids up in a solid Christian home.

Just a few of the books that I'm reading and enjoying right now.

1 comment:

Abbi said...

I like Created to be his helpmeet a lot as well. The others I haven't read but they sounds interesting.