Monday, February 9, 2009

Some thoughts....


I was going through my 2008 day planner and thought I'd take a minute to write down a few things that I wrote down last year and want to take with me into 2009.

These are random thoughts from me personally and also out of various books, sermons, and conferences.

*Do you have the COURAGE to walk through a season of disfavor, knowing that it will lead to a greater manifestation of God's favor in your life? (Mary had favor with God, but not with man!)

*I want to be more patient, present, and imaginative with the kids!

*Destress, destress, destress.....NO yelling!

*Read more books to the kids. Play one board game a day.

*Childhood Matters: Everything we do deposits something into our children! Our words, our actions, and our tone of voice.

* Invite wisdom....even if difficult.

*Faith - without it it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God!

*We create our world with our words.

*Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for our lives Psalm 139 - I am fearfully and wonderfully made If we can get these two things verses into our children's spirits they will know that God has made them special and has a marvelous plan for their lives.

* Every time you touch a child out of kindness you impart a blessing - Touch heals.

* The Five Love Languages of Kids - Read it!

These are all things that I worked on last year and am trying to work on again this year. I have more that I'll post later. I think this is enough to ponder on. :-)

No comments: