Thursday, November 20, 2008













I've been trying really hard to work on crafty stuff with Reagan more. She LOVES it! Javon was more into bookwork type things where Reagan loves to draw, paint, glue, glitter, bead, cut, basically the messier the better! 

Here's our attempt at a straw skill. I drew lines on straws for Reagan to cut and then she was supposed to put them smallest to largest. Well, she didn't think that would 'look' good so she decided to do it HER way instead. I was trying to talk her into placing them in size order but she seemed to be placing them in random order. 

It is hard for me to BALANCE creative play with constructive school skills. I know that there are MANY different ideas about the BEST way, but I can only do what I feel is best for us. I tend to be more 'this is the way it's supposed to be' kind of person. 

Anyways, I thought she was placing the straws in total random order and not 'getting' what I was trying to teach her. BUT then she raised her hands up in triumph and said, "Look I made a house Mom!" I was very proud of her and her imagination! Wow, I have to remember that we all think differently. She looked at those straws and thought to MAKE something. I was just looking at it totally black and white and she was using her imagination! What a smart girl!!!

1 comment:

Esther said...

She is such a cutie. I'll bet she and Kylee would have so much fun together. Wish we lived closer.