Friday, January 8, 2010

Interesting Facts for the day:


Today's Word: Sardonic
What does it mean?

"You know the best way to double your money? Fold it and put it in your pocket." Phyllis Diller

On this day in 1997: The principality of Monaco began a yearlong celebration in honor of the 700th anniversary of the rule of the Grimaldi family, who seized power in 1297 and gained firm possession of Monaco in 1419. Wow, that's a long family rule!

Born Today:
Elvis Presley

Take a minute today to sit down with a cup of tea and put some soothing music on for 15 minutes! You deserve it.

I will have to admit that things have been crazy hectic in our family for months now. It just feels like we never get breathing room especially around the holidays. Church is busy, family stuff gets put on the calendar, our trip to CA, the Christmas program, this year we've also had a litter of puppies to add to the whole commotion. I was very excited to start school this week and get back on our schedule, but it hasn't been quite as scheduled as I'd have liked. We're having a week of prayer at church so that has added to the schedule differences. Javon has had a week of testing me and using his strong-will about getting back into the school groove. I understand that we are all different. I'm constantly trying to come up with new ways to make school enjoyable for him. He can do the work so quickly if I can get him focused on it. Yesterday we did his math verbally and then he wrote it down. It's funny how it's the same thing but he likes having me ask him the problems out loud. Well, praying your week is going great. I think tonight we're going to get "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and just chill. :-)

Sardonic: disdainfully or skeptically humorous

No comments: