Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Interestings things for today....


Well, I've been terrible at posting although I love going and seeing other peoples blogs. There are so many encouraging thoughts and ideas that you are sharing. Thank you! I don't want to be stingy and never share anything for you to look at so I decided to share some interesting things for the day from a new calendar that I received for Christmas. Enjoy!

New Word: Kerfuffle
What does it mean?

On this day in 1838: Samuel Morse's telegraph system was first demonstrated. Because Western Union charged by the word, the telegram became known for its succinct prose. And because there was no charge for the word "stop," it became the most frequently used word of the times.

Born Today:
E.L. Doctorow
Gabrielle Reece
Earl Scruggs
(I'm not sure who any of these people are???? So I think that later today we will look them up. :-) Isn't the internet wonderful!?)

"The greatest part of our happiness or misery depends on our disposition and not on our circumstances." Martha Washington

Wow, what a great quote! I've already allowed my stress level to enter my voice this morning with the kids. :-( I am very excited and happy to get back to school and our schedule, but the kids don't seem so excited about the whole thing! I had to take a minute prayer break and try to see things from their eyes. They've had 3 weeks of no school with lots of variations in our schedule. So I'm sure it's difficult jumping right back into school. It's been on mind for a week, but not in their little minds. How has your return to school been this week?

Kerfuffle: a commotion

No comments: