Saturday, January 9, 2010

Interesting things about today:


Word of the day: Ebullience
What does it mean?

"Noise is an imposition on sanity, and we live in very noisy times." Joan Baez

I will say that my house always has noise. :-) Probably like most of your homes. :-) Josh loves to have music on all the time and Reagan follows closly in her father's footsteps. She HAS TO have her music on when going to bed. And she likes it LOUD! I like to have worship music playing when I'm doing things around the house and even when we're doing our schoolwork about 50% of the time. Do you have music on at your home? If so, what kind?

On this day in 1493: Christopher Columbas, sailing off the coast of the Dominican Republic, reported that he had sighted three mermaids and that they were "not as beautiful as they had been painted." Later he realized that he had seen these creatures before and that they were manatees.

Quick Tip:
Make the most out of every trip. My mom calls it the "anywhere you go game". I used to hate playing this game and it wasn't until recent years that I have accepted it back into my life! However, I do realize the value that this game holds. If you're going to the kitchen, take the dishes. If you're headed to your room, take the toys. It really does work. Why pass it by? Stop, pick it up, and put it away!!!!

Ebullience means the quality of lively or enthusiastic expression

No comments: