Saturday, July 26, 2008





Wow, what a wonderfully busy summer! It has been non-stop action, but well worth it. Here is a few pics of us at Jr. High Camp. I have a ton more that I'll get up over time, but here were a few highlights. The weekend before Jr. High Camp was spend at Kent Cornucopia Days advertising for our Vacation Bible Adventure and the youth made cross necklaces to raise money for our Mexico Missions Trip. That was the same weekend that Josh rode in the Seattle to Portland Bike Ride. Yeah, CRAZY busy weekend. I got home about 11 PM from the street fair and some guys from church picked Josh up in Portland and drove him home late that night. The next morning we were off to Jr. High Camp. It was honestly one of the best camp experiences I've had with the kids. They are all great kids and we had a really good time together. The services were wonderful and the kids entered into worship and ate up the sermons and alter times. I was very proud of their maturity level for Jr. Highers. There is nothing better than watching kids worship the Lord and pray with a heart that you know is open to the Holy Spirit and what He wants for their life. The girls had a chance to pray with a girl that gave her heart to the Lord for the first time and they were very excited to share in that process with her. Camps are such a special, important time in these kids' lives and I'm so thankful that I was able to share this week with them!

Well, we got home from camp right before it was time for my friends wedding rehearsal. So by the time I got home I was pooped, but excited about the wedding the next day. It turned out beautiful. I don't have any pics because I was running around and forgot to take any, but it was very nice. They had worship music in the service and it turned out very nice. I was honored to be a part of this important day. Congrats Mellisa and Marty!

Then as soon as that was all over it was full steam ahead getting ready for Power Lab Vacation Bible Adventure. 15 hours and a lot of paint later....we look ready! :-)

No comments: