Thursday, July 3, 2008

Garden Time!


"Why aren't there any tomatoes yet Mommy?" That is the question that I hear 10 times a day right now. "Well, it takes time for them to grow." "But we planted them last week!"

Patience is a tough thing when gardening. :-) Sunday afternoon we planted our small garden. 4 tomato plants, 2 yellow squash, and 2 zucchini plants. We had fun planting them. Javon helped dig the holes. Reagan helped pull weeds, and they both helped water. Oh, and we planted basil as well! 

Are you a gardener? I'm not, but I enjoy having fresh tomatoes soooooo much. I wish I could have them year 'round. They are so much better than store bought. Store bought tomatoes are ridiculously expensive and have no flavor. I really hope that ours do well. 

It's also a fun thing for the kids to watch things grow and get to pick them. 

Have a happy 4th!

No comments: