Sunday, August 16, 2009

Crocodile Dock






One of my favorite things each summer is directing Vacation Bible Adventure. Is it a ton of work? Absolutetly! Can is be stressful at times? Most definently! Do I love seeing the kids learning about Jesus and having fun while doing so? Yes! Is it always easy working with 50 helpers? No, but I love seeing us work together as a body of Christ! Is it worth it? Totally!

We did Crocodile Dock and had 107 kids 3 days, but 120+ actually walked through out doors. Of course, some of those already have a church home, but some do not. Even if only one child didn't know about Jesus and left with a new found knowledge of Him then it was totally worth it. The reality is that some of those kids will grow up and not serve Jesus, but they will look back and remember things that have been spoken into their life by a VBA teacher. I am absolutely sure of it. My mom does the Bible Lesson and there is no doubt that each child leaves hearing about how much Jesus loves and cares for them and wants a relationship with them.

My other favorite part is seeing all the teens help out. Without our teenagers we couldn't run a program. They are such a huge help. Most of them have all grown up in VBA and now have the opportunity to give back. There were a few years in ministry that I was pretty discouraged thinking that all the time, energy, training, and love that we put into these kids didn't really make a difference, but I now know better. Even if some of them walk away from the Lord I know that the words, actions, love, and Word of God that we have put into them will not return void. They all have decisions to make regarding their future. I cannot make it for them. Neither can Josh, Pastor, or their parents. What we can do though is continue to pray for them, love on them, and have open arms for them.

It is so neat to see those who are faithfully serving Jesus though! Wow, how cool to see these kids serving Jesus. By "kids" I mean Jr. Highers on up to High School graduates who still seem like they should be in my kids' church. Where has the time gone? Honestly, they were all just little kids!!!

Thank you Lord that You have allowed me the honor and priviledge of serving You and others. May I never take it lightly or for granted or begrudgingly!

I only want to please You, Lord
I only want to make You smile
I only want to live my life for You
'cause You deserve it all!

No comments: