Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Christian Bookstore/Library


So here is my "Works for me Wednesday" idea. 

I love going to the Christian bookstore, but mostly just to look around because it costs too much to buy all the things I want. We have a Family Christian Bookstore here that always has great coupons and $5 kids days which is great, but still.......

I was sitting at my computer one day going through the mail and started looking at the Family Christian Bookstore catalog that came in that day. I was longingly looking at all the great books, DVD's, CD's, etc. When this thought hit me, "Why not look and see if the library has any of these?" I love the library and use it all the time, but this was a new idea to actually look for items based off of the Christian bookstore ad. Usually I just randomly look around and put holds on items. Anyways, I opened the ad and away I went typing in all the great books and items that I wanted. It was amazing! Book after book and movie after movie all began to pop up. Ones that I never would have thought the library would have. Things like Adventures in Odyessy books and DVD's, Bibleman, and Gigi for the kids. Books like Passionette Housewives; Desperate for God (P.S. A fabulous book!), The power of a positive mom, Have a New Kid by Friday (I haven't read this one yet...we'll see! :-)

So now every time the Christian Bookstore ad comes in the mail I run to the computer and start placing holds. Sometimes the newly released books have a long hold list so I pass on them, but other times there is no wait at all. Not every book is available, but most are. 

Some of my favorite finds today were - Let's Go On a Mommy Date by Karen Kingsbury
Raising Unselfish Children in a Self-Absorbed World by Jill Rigby and a Larry Boy Chapter Book series that I didn't even know existed until I typed in Larry Boy and found it! 

Next time your Christian bookstore ad comes in the mail...head to your computer and start placing holds. It's a lot of fun. If you don't get ads in the mail, go to www.familychristian.com and write down some titles.  

2 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Great idea! I've been wanting to read Passionate Housewives...I'm going to go request it right now.

His Girl said...

hey! that is a truly fascinating idea!!!

BRILLIANT!