Sunday, May 11, 2008

This was the little guy that made me a Mommy for the 1st time 5 1/2 years ago! It seems absolutely amazing at the irony of feeling like I've been a mom for so long, yet in unbelief that the time has gone by so fast! Javon has challenged me to be a better person. I have had to learn patience, strength, and determination. He is so strong-willed and it has been a source of both joy and tears as we've trained him over the past 5 1/2 years. I know that God wants to use this little guy in a big way, but it is our responsibility to keep his heart soft and obedient to Him. I know all parents say this about their kids, but he is so stinkin' smart. It gets him in trouble at times! I absolutely love being his teacher and watching him learn to read, write, do math, play piano, wrestle. I feel like I'm just a passenger on his journey sometimes. He thinks and acts like so much like a boy which is something that I'm not at all used to. He's the first boy in the family in 44 years. He's been like a little bundle of energy and love since the day I had him and I can't even express the love I have for him. As his mom, it is my job to see his potential and nurture it. That's exciting!!! My favorite thing to do with him is lay in bed and talk. He is sooooo sweet every morning!This is the princess that made me a Mommy for the 2nd time. She couldn't be more opposite of her brother! The three short years of her life have been filled with cuddles and love. She is super quiet and shy in public, but with family is a little talker. She really loves her brother! Although in the past year she's realized that if she doesn't stand up to him he'll make every decision and take over her life so she's started to stand up for herself a bit more. :-) She is a super good listener and retains a lot of information although you may not realize it. She is a creature of habit. She loves to know what's coming next. Every night for over a year we have sang the exact same two songs....Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Blessed Be Your Name. I slip a new one in every once in a while but we still have to do the other two. She loves to sing to Jesus and I know God loves to hear her worship. The older she gets the more and more I see myself in her. It's really strange actually. :-) I love her to death and am so happy that God blessed me with a little princess as well as a prince! My favorite thing to do with Reagan is to get in debates with her about clothing. It is so funny and makes me laugh every time! (I know that one sounds weird, but she is so passive most of the time that it's fun to hear her express her opinions with such passion. And she does that over clothes and food!!!!)

This is all of us girls (minus Reagan). Me, my mom, my granny, my sis Courtney, and my sis Cassidy. The 5 of us together can be quite a scene! :-) Granny surprised up and flew up from CA. We've had a fun-filled Mother's Day weekend! It's been fun Granny! Love ya...

This is my mom. We're both facing big things this year...me 30 and her 50. It seems unreal actually. I can remember all the things that we have faced together over the past 30 years. I never cry (in front of people), but today I did :-) because I was so thankful for a mom who gave me not only life, but a happy one! It has been full of great memories and life lessons along the way. I am thankful for both sets of my grandparents who helped us along the way, but ultimately it was her influence that shaped me. 

Thanks Mom, I love you. I hope you know that. I know that I get caught up in life a lot of times and am not great at expressing deep words of love and appreciation, but I hope you know that I love you with my whole heart. You are my best friend. There is no one else that knows me, understands me, supports me, and stands by me like you do. Josh is an amazing husband and I thank God for him and love him very much. Yet there is something that cannot be duplicated with a mother's love. I appreciate you and am thankful that you are helping Josh and I raise up Javon and Reagan knowing, loving, and serving Jesus as well. 

Me and You,
You and Me,
That's the way it'll always be! 

1 comment:

Mary N said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day to one of the best Moms I know. We love you!

PS HAve you read audreycarolines blog lately??