Saturday, May 31, 2008

We have puppies!

Three cute little mini schnauzers! Yesterday was a long day....At midnight of Thursday night I went in to check on Sophie and saw that she was in labor. I stayed in with her for over an hour and then decided to just get a blanket and sleep on the floor beside her since I didn't know how long it would take. She just wanted me to rub her head all night long. I felt for her! Really I did! I saw those contractions coming and it brought back memories of having Javon and Reagan. All the while, Jack is comfortably sleeping on his bed in the family room without a clue of what is going on!!!! Men!
At 4:30 AM Sophie wanted to go outside to go potty so I took her out and then at 6 AM I was woken up by the sound of her eating the afterbirth off of the first puppy. Not a sound that I want to wake up to every morning. It made my stomach turn a bit. Josh got up and we watched her have 2 more pups. We both work on Fridays so Mom came over to puppysit for us. She called at 8:30 AM frantic on the phone because there was a 4 puppy just born and it's intestines grew on the outside of it's abdomen.  I won't go into the details, but she got the still born pup away from Sophie and it took a while for Mom to recover. :-) The three pups are doing great and Sophie is a wonderful mother. 

1 comment:

dawn klinge said...

They are so cute! Congrats to the new Mommy. ;)