Thursday, May 8, 2008

Worship Music

Worship music is a HUGE part of my life. I grew up singing in church and love praising God with my voice. I have an IPOD but all I ever listen to is worship music. Josh has a huge playlist of Christian music but it just doesn't keep my attention for long. I want something that I can sing to the Lord. I was pretty excited tonight when I figured out how to add music to my blog! Yeah....how cool! 

I really like Jeff Deyo songs. We were able to worship with him at a district youth conference this past year and have added a lot of his songs into our youth worship set. (My husband is the youth pastor and I lead the music...) All of his songs are very powerful worship songs and the kids really have entered into a new level of worship over the past several months. It is really exciting to see! He actually has a ton more songs that we love, but they weren't listed. 

Another favorite is Canvas Ministries (formally Peter Blue Band) which is a local worship team from the Seattle Area. They do a lot of our district camps, etc. There music is worth checking out and all their CD's have the lead sheets on them. I think it's canvasministries.com.

If anyone has some great worship music that you've discovered, I'd love to hear about it. 

Have a great night and enjoy worshipping the Lord with your voice, instruments, etc. 

P.S. Reagan's favorite worship songs are Blessed Be Your Name, Beautiful One, and I Love You Lord....


1 comment:

Mary N said...

Amen on Jeff Deyo, Mandy. As you know my daughter listens all the time and really has enjoyed his cd. Thanks for being an important part of R's life (& ours)Love You