Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My God is faithful...


Philippians 4:19 - "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."


I am so thankful that God cares about every detail of our lives. Even when things get overwhelming (the house littered with Easter paraphernalia, your account on the verge of over drafting, the kids vomiting, paperwork stacked and waiting to be distributed to it's proper location, laundry, dishes, school, work, church) God says that He knows us and cares and will provide our every need whether emotional, physical, financial, or spiritual.


Oddly enough, amid the STILL runny noses and now vomiting...today was a great day! I woke up and ask God for strength to see me through the day and He did. We didn't go to church tonight because Javon was running a fever and felt terrible. Good thing we didn't since he was vomiting in the family room at 8 PM right when he would have been in Rangers. Anyways, I was able to accomplish a lot today and knew that God helped me keep my eye on the goal which was getting things back in order. With Reagan's bday and Easter (oh, and being sick for a week and a half) things had gotten off track and I needed to get back some since of order. As bad as it sounds having the kids not feeling well was a bit of a blessing because they were both really quite and laid around a lot today so I was able to accomplish a lot.


One of the things that was really neat was planning my April meals. I started writing out a month o' meals after my Granny got me a magnetic calendar that is on my fridge. Cooking is not my greatest joy in life so it has really helped to just have something I can look at and know what I need to pull out and cook. Otherwise, I stand and stare into the freezer and wish I had defrosted something, but it's too late and cereal it is! :-) Anyways, I was again reminded of this verse today because I don't have to purchase meat for the entire month because God has blessed us through others from church giving us meat. We have wonderful salmon, organic beef, and fresh trout all given by our friends at church. It is a huge blessing and reminder that God always provides.

4 comments:

His Girl said...

I keep toying with doing a monthly menu. Perhaps you've inspired me!!!

Thanks!

Esther said...

How is Granny & Pops? I haven't seen them in forever. I make weekly menus, but haven't gotten much better than that.

dawn klinge said...

This was such an encouraging post. I hope your kids feel better soon.

Mary N said...

You are amazing! We missed you last night. Give those kids a hug for us. Hope Reagan doesn't have make-up all over the house;).