Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wrestling


Finally, a great night at wrestling! It has been a bit intense lately with Javon and wrestling. He is the youngest in the class. There is one other 6 year old and all the rest of the kids are between 10-12 years old. At first the coach was really fun and easy on the kids, but now he's gotten tough which is good. But for Javon, who is a boundaries kid, he's been a bit confused on what happened to the fun, easy-going coach. The moves are very difficult and I'm tellin' you that I couldn't do them!!! There was actually 2-3 other younger boys that were attending but they have all dropped out. Victor is Javon's partner and really tries to help Javon out. It's cute. I love to watch them do their warmups. Javon is sweating and his face looks like a cherry by the time it is over, but that is his favorite part. He loves to run and run and run! I know this is so good for him. It is pushing him physically and mentally. Plus, he's not at church where everyone knows him. He's out in a new world with 10 other boys and a coach who is tough yet caring with the boys.

I meant to take my camera last night to post a pic. I'll try to remember next week.

2 comments:

dawn klinge said...

They look so cute. I've never seen kids that young wrestle. my son would think that's so cool.
Thanks for visiting my blog. You asked about how I keep my four year old busy when I'm helping my daughter, I hate to admit that I sometimes resort to the t.v., but http://picasaweb.google.com/wenatcheemom/MontessoriActivities02/ this link will take you some photos of activity trays I've put together for school time.

dawn klinge said...

Sorry, I didn't get the whole address in that last comment. Here it is
http://picasaweb.google.com/wenatcheemom
Then go to the set called Montessori activities