Thursday, March 13, 2008

We LOVE the library!


Do you have a library? I sure hope so. We actually don't go to the library all that often simply because of our schedule, but I always have library books around. I do most of my library tasks online! A friend of mine got me hooked on theme kits from the library and we use them all the time! They are only available online or through the help desk at your library because the theme kits (books to grow on) are distributed through a district hub. So you won't ever see them at the library. Each kit comes with 10 books, a C.D., VHS or DVD, hands-on item like finger puppets or a puzzle, and a parent book. They are great! A few that we have used so far are:

Adventures, Balloons, Bears, Birds, Cats, Dinosaurs, Dogs, Fall, Friends, Horses, Monkeys, My Body, Pets, Shapes, Toys, Whales, Wild Animals....there are at least 100 more kits to choose from. It is so cool because it takes the work out of looking for related items for learning about a topic. My library web site is http://www.kcls.org/. You can type in Books to Grow On and it will bring up the entire list. They also have toddler kits with shorter, board books in tons of themes as well.


I thought I'd try it out when a friend told me about it and now I'm hooked. Give it a try! :-)
P.S. The plastic dinos were not included in the kit.

2 comments:

Esther said...

I just found your blog. Yea! It's great to see how you guys are doing since we so rarely get to talk. I think it's been a couple years. :-(

Jolanthe said...

Those look like so much fun! Wish our library had something like that put together!!!!

teeny bit jealous!

Jolanthe :)