Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fish Oil

Any thoughts out there on fish oil for kids????


Another busy week on the home front! It has taken me all week to get caught up from last weekends revival, but that's okay. It was worth it! I so love being in God's presence. 

School went really great this week. Javon did FABULOUS all week at getting his work done quickly and without all the excuses that can sometimes be a part of our day. I can actually say that I believe some of it is due to the fact that I've been giving him fish oil. I have heard from several different people how good fish oil is for all of us but especially kids. I didn't want to give it too him without asking his doctor, I asked her about it at his last appointment. (Even though I had done a lot of research on the internet.) She said there are no studies and probably won't be simply because natural food supplements don't get much medical attention. She said that she had heard a lot of good reports from parents. She said to give him a quarter dose of the adult dosing listed. Yesterday was week two of giving it to him and I really have seen a difference in his focus. I know that some might think it's all in my head but I'm going to keep using it. 

Reagan is so funny because she LOVES to take medicine and wanted some as well. So I gave her some and she smelled like a trout for days! Fish smell was coming out of her pores!!! So she only gets it a couple times a week when we aren't going anywhere. :-) 

If anyone has any testimonies or thoughts please let me know. 


1 comment:

Tracey said...

Thanks for visiting my site. I checked out yours and saw today's post about the fish oil. I am a school teacher and I actually recommend it to the parents to help the kids focus. By the way, it's great for their skin too. I also give it to my dogs.