Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I've been at revival!



Sorry I haven't posted over the weekend....We were having revival services! The presence of the Lord is so amazing, sweet, and life-changing. 

There were so many good things about this weekend - The power of the Holy Spirit, repentance, challenges to walk closer to the Lord, and the reality that there are people dying and going to hell around me and I don't even take notice. Well, I actually believe that I am aware of it, but by not doing anything about it I am sinning. Lord, help me to walk in the power of Your Holy Spirit and have a heart of evangelism! 

One of the things that I want to begin doing is praying and declaring the Word in my life. 
I know that there is the power of life and death in the tongue and I want my tongue to be used for life! 

Here are a few things that I am going to begin working on more in my life:

I am dead to sin and alive unto righteousness. (Rom 6:11)

I have been set free. I am free to love others, to worship with passion, to speak out without fear of rejection. (John 8:36)

I am a believer - not a doubter! (Mark 5:36)

I know God's voice, and I will always obey what He tells me. (John 10:3-5; 14-16; 14:15)

I love to pray. I love to praise and worship God. I will do it continually throughout the day! (Ps 34:1-3)

If I will humble myself...God will exalt me. (I Peter 5:6)

I am creative and inspired because the Holy Spirit lives and works in and through me! (John 14:26; I Cor 6:19)

I strive to operate in all the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which are tongues and interpretation of tongues, the working of miracles, discerning of spirits, the word of faith, the word of knowledge, the word of wisdom, healings, and prophesy. (I Cor 12:8-11)

I have a teachable spirit. (2 Timothy 2:24)

I will study the Word of God. I will pray in the Spirit! DAILY - (2 Tim 2:15; Luke 18:1)

I will STIVE to speak words of life; not death! What was the first thing that I said this morning? Was it edifying and uplifting or negative and downcast? I will remember that my words and tone matter and try to be more positive and uplifting in EVERYTHING I say. 

James 3:2 "...if anyone does not offend in speech [never says the wrong thing], he is a fully developed character and a perfect man, able to control his whole body and to curb his entire nature." 



 

No comments: