Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My new favorite homeschool items!!!


SMALL WHITE BOARD, dry-erase marker, and a sock!!!

I picked up these little white board from our local teacher's store and I LOVE them! They are 8 1/2 x 11 and Reagan absolutely loves to draw on them while Javon is doing schoolwork. I paid $2.49 each.

The other cool ways that I have used them is for new reading words. I just write one at a time on the board and Javon reads it. It works great. He also likes to do his math problems on it. When he sees a page full of math problems he gets overwhelmed. But I've been giving them to him one at time on the white board and it's no problem at all. After a while, he'll ask how many more and I'll say "just a couple" and wrap it up. 

The sock is a trick I learned from a teacher friend. You put the sock on your left hand to wipe the board. Reagan really loves doing it. It's like a little puppet and she just wipes clean her doodles. 

No comments: