Sunday, April 20, 2008

Seder Dinner in Impact Kids

Today we had our 2nd Annual Seder Dinner in Impact Kids! I love it! It is so cool to remember what God did for His people thousands of years ago and know that we are still celebrating and remembering together in 2008!!! It is a powerful experience. Especially when we took communion together at the end and remembered what Jesus did for us and how our freedom, deliverance, hope, and redemption are just as impacting today (salvation) as the deliverance of the Israelites was in the Bible. 

If you haven't ever done a Seder meal, it is a great experience. I'm glad that we are carrying on with this ancient tradition and understanding it's relevance to our lives today as Christians! 

Blessed be the Lord God Almighty who has freed us from the bondage and slavery of sin so that we may walk FREE and FORGIVEN in Him! 

P.S. Another praise report....on Tuesday I had the privilege of leading a young mom to the Lord. It was amazing and really showed me that we (I) have to step out of my comfort zone and simply ask people where they are with the Lord. This is not about me, but about the power of the Holy Spirit to work in hearts. This gal just came in to use the phone and I was able to see her come to know Jesus. I also prayed for her to get filled with the baptism of the Holy Spirit. She was crying out to God and it was amazing to see. I tried to get ahold of her this week, but was unable to so I've been praying all week that she would be in church today. She wasn't...or so I thought. :-) She slipped in late with her two kids and I was so excited! She went up to the alter and was crying out to God. I wasn't in there because of the Seder dinner but others were able to pray with her. It feels so good to know that someone's life is forever changed simply because I was obedient to the Lord and opened my mouth when I was supposed to! Again, this isn't about me....but the saving power of Jesus! How many times have I remained quite and someone didn't hear the gospel? How many times has God urged me to speak to someone and I didn't? I pray that He will continue to open doors and that I will continue to walk through them. Oh, and it just so happened that we are having water baptism next Sunday so what perfect timing! :-) PTL

No comments: