Monday, April 28, 2008

Old Gifts...Bread Maker


So I broke out my bread maker today and we have yummy wheat bread and a house filled with the smell of it baking! Why have I only used it twice in the past 9 years? Why has it sat in the pantry for all these years? Oh yeah, because it was easier to just pick up a bag of bread. But I know all of the ingredients that are in my whole wheat bread today. No extra stuff...just wheat flour, honey, molasses, milk, yeast, and salt. It came out really good. A bit dense, but I think that was because I used all wheat flour. Most recipes call for half wheat/half white flour. I think that would make it a bit fluffier. 

One of the funny things was that I also broke out my back massager last week that Josh got me the first year we got married as well. He laughed and said that it was funny that I had used two old gifts that he gave me like 9 years ago in the same week. I'm not sure why I haven't used either but I needed the massager because my shoulder was killing me. It didn't help much, so I ended up going to the chiropractor and he fixed me up in one session. 

I'm not sure why I decided to use my bread maker, but it sounded good so I thought I'd make some homemade bread. I think that I'll try some recipes out and see how it goes. We eat a lot of bread around here so it should be a family favorite thing to do. Reagan was very excited about putting the ingredients into the bread maker. If anyone has a fabulous wheat bread recipe let me know! :-)


3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Home made bread is so good! I used to be in the habit of making it but lately I've been buying it a lot. You have encouraged me to get back into that habit.

Anonymous said...

Hey did you go to the library and get the movie I asked for? I know I'm being annoying about it. I'm just wondering......

junglemama said...

I love homemade bread!